Sunday 23 November 2014

An Open letter to BOSS Linux

Dear BOSS Developers
I am big lover of fedora. I have tried many Linux distributions, but I always stayed with fedora, but for past couple of months I am using our BOSS and I loved it. Great work guys. 

Just one thing, I sometimes run into issues on few drivers. (It happens on my laptop as well as my desktop) I had these issues in Debian as well. But Fedora worked just fine. Fedora works as closely to upstream as possible. They don't often go off on their own tangent with disregard for upstream projects. If they want to have something changed, they work with upstream to create fixes and introduce new features which benefits everyone. So please consider choosing fedora as base for future releases. 


AND ONE SERIOUS CONCERN: 
Downloading BOSS. Are you guys serious? The ISO file is more than 3 GB and you do not provide an option to download via torrent. The installation media of Fedora and Debian are just 1 GB and still they provide option to download via torrents. But our BOSS mostly used in INDIA has to be downloaded in one go. It  is so obvious that we use internet connections with speed about 256 kbps. I agree that BSNL provide FTTH in cities clocking at 100 Mbps, but here in our village, we can't get that. The max available is 2 Mbps and we can afford only 512 kbps. Please provide an option to download via torrent Thanks. 



download BOSS Linux for free




gnu head

Ads by chitika